Want to play smart & follow the fun?
I’m an IMPROVCOACHES.COM teacher. SET UP a session!
Here’s the game plan:
I developed my teaching style – zany, rigorous, and compassionate – through 6 years of sketch and improv training (PIT, UCB, Magnet Theater) and 10 years of study with international master instructors in Clown, Bouffon, Commedia dell’Arte, Neutral Mask, and Lecoq Movement Method.
My job, as I see it, is to provide improv and sketch teams with structure and feedback to encourage group trust, release, creative risk, joy, and then (inevitably): smart, fresh, personal comedy.
- Tell the truth! Your funny will follow.
- Listen. Breathe. Then: Yes, And…
- Relax: let your body lead.
- Commit to an emotional point of view: your character will follow.
- Set your environment with object work. Enjoy taking up space!
- Be present: There’s no better “Game” than the one you’re in.
- Give in to FUN…laughter will follow!